20090104

Green Building Index

Its about time that Malaysia has her own building energy index (BEI) aptly named Green Building Index (GBI). I was there at the forum when the overview of the GBI was revealed to the public for the first time, and I must say, I have high hopes for our own GBI to be a success. I was very familiar with Singapore's version of the index called Green Mark Scheme for my previous project. Although it can be complicated at times, but index calculation is simple enough for any architects/engineers to do. An energy consultant in the team will be very much appreciated though.

But what if the architect wants to take up the load of doing the Energy Efficiency and Sustainability (EE&S) scope of work. I would say, lets go. Within the architect's team, should be someone who does the energy and design bit full time, and another managing the project. Then, the Green Architect title can be truly be claimed.

You can find more info on the GBI here.


No comments:

Post a Comment